- Postponements and Cancellations Lead to a Light Week in the WCHA: Three non-conference series and a non-conference game were postponed or cancelled this week, leading to a light weekend around the WCHA.
- After postponing the second game of its series with Bemidji State last week, Minnesota State also postponed this weekend's home series with the Beavers due to positive COVID-19 tests within the MSU program.
- Northern Michigan cancelled this weekend's home-and-home series with Michigan Tech and also announced the cancellation of Dec. 4-5 series with Bemidji State and postponed its Dec. 2 WCHA league season opener with Lake Superior State due to positive test results within its program.
- Ferris State cancelled its home-and-home series with Lake Superior State slated for Nov. 27 and Nov. 29 due to positive COVID tests within the FSU men's ice hockey program. Lake Superior State will now play Adrian (Mich.) on Nov. 27 at Taffy Abel Arena and Nov. 29 at Adrian.
- Following the schedule changes, this weekend's slate will feature the Lake Superior State-Adrian series and a Dec. 1 non-conference match-up between 18/RV Bowling Green and RV/RV Robert Morris.
- Mavericks, Beavers & Falcons Remain the Rankings: Minnesota State, Bemidji State and Bowling Green remain in the Top 20 in the latest USCHO.com poll released Nov. 23. The Mavericks landed at No. 6 this week and picked up one first place vote. Bowling Green moved up one spot to No. 18 after a 5-0 win at Adrian on Nov. 21 Bemidji State slipped to No. 19 after falling to Minnesota State over the weekend. Northern Michigan, Michigan Tech and Lake Superior State also received votes.
- Minnesota State is No. 5 in this week's USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll. Bemidji State, Bowling Green and Northern Michigan, Michigan Tech and Lake Superior State also received votes.
By The Numbers
- 382: Games coached by Bemidji State's Tom Serratore as a WCHA head coach, the most among active league bench bosses.
- 15: Career shutouts for Minnesota State's Dryden McKay after a 5-0 whitewash of Bemidji State on Nov. 22. The total is tied for fourth all-time in WCHA history.
- 3: Assists for Minnesota State senior Jake Jaremko against Bemidji State on Nov. 22, moving him into fourth place on the WCHA active assist leaders list with 77.
- 3 (Again): Points on three assists for Alabama Huntsville freshman forward Tyrone Bronte in the Chargers' season-opening series with Robert Morris to lead all WCHA rookies on the weekend.
- 1: Career shutouts for Bowling Green Zack Rose after blanking Adrian (Mich.) in a 5-0 Falcon win on Nov. 21.
- 0: Goals scored in the Michigan Tech-Lake Superior State game on Nov. 21, the seventh double shutout involving WCHA teams since 2013 and first since Feb. 14, 2019 when LSSU and Alabama Huntsville skated to a scoreless tie.
The Week Ahead
- Adrian (Mich.) vs. (RV/RV) Lake Superior State: Lake Superior State will meet Adrian (Mich.) in a home-and-home series on Nov. 27 in Sault Ste. Marie and Nov. 29 at Adrian. The series was scheduled following the cancellation of the Ferris State-Lake Superior State series that was set for the same dates.
- (18/RV) Bowling Green at (RV/RV) Robert Morris: The Falcons travel to Pittsburgh for the first of two meetings with the Colonials this season. RMU will make the return trip to BGSU on Dec. 29. The Falcons lead the all-time series, 3-1-1 and won the most recent meeting, 6-0, on Oct. 14, 2018.
2021 WCHA Postseason Tournament
Once again in 2021, the WCHA will crown a playoff champion at the WCHA Postseason Tournament. The winner will receive an automatic bid to the 2021 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship and the Jeff Sauer WCHA Championship Trophy, presented by Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup.