- MSU Adds Non-Conference Series: Minnesota State will host Division III Milwaukee School of Engineering in a two-game set this weekend. The Mavericks will take on the Engineers in game one of the series on Saturday, Dec. 12 with game two set for Sunday Dec. 13.
- Ferris State's Stein Added to Team USA Camp: Ferris State freshman goaltender Logan Stein is one of 29 players in camp with USA Hockey in advance of the 2021 World Junior Championships, which will be held Dec. 25-Jan. 6 in Edmonton, Alta. The Suwanee, Ga., native was added to the camp roster on Dec. 6 and is the first player in Ferris State history to be named to the U.S. JWC roster.
- Get It On Net: Through five games this season, Bowling Green leads the WCHA in shots on goal with 222. The Falcons are averaging an NCAA-best 44.4 SOG, more than three shots per game better than second place Canisius (41.5).
- No. 16 for McKay: Minnesota State's Dryden McKay notched his 16th career shutout with a 2-0 blanking of Michigan Tech on Dec. 7. The junior netminder is now tied for ninth on the NCAA career shutouts list and stands No. 2 on the WCHA career chart behind Bemidji State's Michael Bitzer, who recorded 21 whitewashes for the Beavers from 2014-18.
- Minnesota State No. 6, Bowling Green Up to No. 16 in USCHO Poll: The Minnesota State Mavericks held steady at No. 6 in the USCHO poll for the third-straight week while Bowling Green moved up two spots to No. 16 in the latest rankings released Dec. 7. Bemidji State, Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech also received votes.
- Minnesota State stays at No. 6 in this week's USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll. Bowling Green, Northern Michigan, Lake Superior State and Bemidji State also received votes.
By The Numbers
- 69: WCHA-best faceoff wins total for Lake Superior State sophomore forward Dustin Manz, which ranks No. 7 nationally.
- 43: Saves by Michigan Tech's Blake Pietila in the Huskies' 3-1 win over No. 6/6 Minnesota State on Dec. 6, the most by a WCHA netminder this season.
- 28: Shots on goal by Bowling Green's Cameron Wright, which leads the WCHA.
- 12: Goals for Bemidji State in the Beavers' last four meetings with Michigan Tech. BSU has averaged 2.93 goals per game in the 34-game series.
- 10: Blocked shots by Alabama Huntsville sophomore defenseman Lucas Bahn, the most by any player in the WCHA.
- +7: Plus/Minus rating for Bowling Green's Brandon Kruse, which leads the WCHA and is tied for third nationally.
The Week Ahead
- Ferris State vs. (16/RV) Bowling Green: The Bulldogs and Falcons will meet for the 146th and 147th times when the two teams tangle in a home-and-home non-conference series Friday at Bowling Green and Saturday in Big Rapids. BGSU leads the all-time series, 72-60-13 and swept the most-recent meeting between the two squads on the final weekend of the 2019-20 season.
- (RV/UR) Michigan Tech at (RV/RV) Bemidji State: Bemidji State returns to the ice for the first time since Nov. 22 to meet a Tech squad coming off a split with No. 6/6 Minnesota State. The Huskies lead the all-time series, 16-12-6 but the Beavers are unbeaten in the last four meetings in Bemidji (3-0-1).
- Milwaukee School of Engineering at (6/6) Minnesota State: The Mavericks will meet MSOE for the first time in the history of both programs this weekend in a series that was added to the MSU schedule this week to replace a cancelled two-game set with Northern Michigan.
2021 WCHA Postseason Tournament
Once again in 2021, the WCHA will crown a playoff champion at the WCHA Postseason Tournament. The winner will receive an automatic bid to the 2021 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship and the Jeff Sauer WCHA Championship Trophy, presented by Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup.