BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – Sept. 21, 2017 – For as low as 60¢ per game for the 2017-18 season, fans of the men's Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) can watch the league and their favorite team, live or on-demand, via WCHA.tv – the Association's official online streaming platform. In partnership with industry leader Stretch Internet, WCHA.tv provides fans with high-quality, HD broadcasts (when available from the originating arena) on multiple platforms, including – new for this season – TV-connected devices via custom apps on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
WCHA.tv is the exclusive home for up to 182 games featuring WCHA schools during the 2017-18 college hockey season. Fans are treated to a responsive viewing experience customized for their medium of choice (computer, tablet, phone or OTT app), while certain subscription packages provide multiple screen layout options for desktop users (including picture-in-picture, multi-view format to watch up to four games simultaneously and full-screen video).
"As the digital world continues to evolve, and with it our fans' viewing preferences, we are pleased to enhance the WCHA.tv product in significant ways," said WCHA President and Men's League Commissioner Bill Robertson. "The addition of OTT apps, along with continuing to provide flexible subscription offerings, allows our fans to engage with WCHA video content wherever they may be, and whenever and however they want."
Live and archived game broadcasts, from the season's opening face-off through the Broadmoor Trophy championship game, are available through the following WCHA.tv subscription packages:
- WCHA Season Pass ($104.99) – For as low as 60¢ per game, fans receive live and archived access to a minimum of 176 and a maximum of 182 WCHA games, including: Every WCHA regular season league game, along with each team's nonconference home contests (exhibition games are up to the school's discretion to broadcast), AND the entire 2018 WCHA Tournament.
- Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school's nonconference home games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND each of that specific team's potential 2018 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.
- Single-team Road Pass ($44.99) – For season-ticket holders or other fans who attend a majority of home games, this package delivers all 14 of their favorite team's WCHA regular season league road games (live and archived). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package; does NOT include potential 2018 WCHA Tournament games.
- WCHA Monthly Pass ($24.99) – Fans receive live and archived access to every WCHA regular season league game, along with each team's nonconference home contests, for an entire calendar month.
- Single-team Monthly Pass ($19.99) – Fans receive live and archived access to all their favorite team's WCHA regular season league games (home and away) and nonconference home games for an entire calendar month.
- League-wide Nightly Pass ($9.99) – Fans can watch live broadcasts of every game played in a WCHA arena that night, up to five games spanning three time zones.
- Single-team Nightly Pass ($8.99) – Fans can watch their favorite team play at home (WCHA or nonconference) or on the road (WCHA games only) with this one-team, one-game price.
"We're excited for our third year with the WCHA," said Stretch Internet President & CEO Ryan Ermeling. "We've already seen tremendous growth year-over-year and we're confident that trend will continue given the platform enhancements and new viewing options for 2017-18. The WCHA puts a phenomenal product on the ice, and our goal is to help them to continue to grow their brand through innovative and immersive video solutions."
The WCHA.tv OTT apps will provide fans a seamless way to access content directly on their televisions, with no need to "relay" or "cast" the stream from tablets, phones or desktop computers. Users can access the content simply by searching for "WCHA" on the app interfaces on any of the compatible devices, and then downloading the corresponding app.
Fans who have already purchased subscriptions to access live or on-demand broadcasts can easily authenticate their subscriptions through the apps. Those who have not yet purchased subscriptions will need to first select and purchase a subscription package from WCHA.tv on any mobile or desktop device. Both live and on-demand content will be available through the apps.
WCHA teams drop the puck on the 2017-18 campaign Oct. 1, as defending Broadmoor Trophy champion Michigan Tech visits Wisconsin in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game. The first full weekend of the regular season, featuring the first eight WCHA.tv broadcasts, is Oct. 6-7. The WCHA league openers take place the weekend of Oct. 13-14, as Ferris State hosts Northern Michigan and Tech visits Lake Superior State.
The second annual, on-campus "Battle for the Broadmoor" tournament will feature the quarterfinal (March 2-4) and semifinal (March 9-11) rounds of the "2018 WCHA Playoffs," followed by the single-game, "2018 WCHA Championship" on March 17.