Alaska Anchorage Tops Air Force, 4-1, in Game Three of Brice Alaska Goal Rush
Sophomore defenseman Chase Van Allen posts goal and assist for Seawolves

Sophomore defenseman Chase Van Allen had a goal and an assist for Seawolves
Prd Time  Team Score Type Scored By Assists
1st 6:21  AKA1-0 SH Dylan Hubbs (1)Chase Van Allen/5
2nd 9:00  AKA2-0 EV GW Matt Anholt (1)Hudson Friesen/1, Dylan Hubbs/2
2nd 17:08  AFA1-2 PP A.J. Reid (3)Cole Gunner/4, Phil Boje/1
3rd 2:28  AKA3-1 EV Chase Van Allen (1)Anthony Conti/1, Brad Duwe/2
3rd 15:47  AKA4-1 EV EN Brett Cameron (1)Blake Tatchell/2, Derek Docken/2
Scoring 1st 2nd 3rd Final
Air Force  0101
Alaska Anchorage  1124
Shots on Goal 1st 2nd 3rd SOG
Air Force  119424
Alaska Anchorage  741122
Team Stats and Records  PP PIM SHGF
Air Force (1-3-0)  1/6 4/16 0
Alaska Anchorage (3-0-1)  0/3 7/25 1
Air Force Goaltending MIN GA 1 2 3 Saves
Chris Truehl (L, 1-3-0)59:133 63918
Empty Net0:471     
Alaska Anchorage Goaltending MIN GA 1 2 3 Saves
Olivier Mantha (W, 2-0-0)60:001 118423

FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Highlighted by a two-point game from blueliner Chase Van Allen, the Alaska Anchorage Seawolves remain undefeated following a 4-1 victory over the Air Force Falcons in Game 3 of the Brice Alaska Goal Rush on Saturday at the Carlson Center.

UAA, who hasn't lost to the Falcons (1-3-0) since Feb. 10, 1989, had four Seawolves pick up their first goals of the season - sophomore Dylan Hubbs, freshman Matt Anholt, Van Allen and senior Brett Cameron - to keep their team unbeaten at 3-0-1.

The team's Most Improved honoree from a year ago, Van Allen has stepped up his game dramatically during this short season, furnishing 1-5-6 totals in four games to lead the Seawolves overall in point scoring. A local of Anchorage, Van Allen contributed again tonight with his first collegiate goal and an assist on Hubbs' shorthanded strike in the first period.

With rookie Tanner Johnson - who was making his collegiate debut - ejected for checking-from-behind with just 2:02 expired on the clock, Van Allen improved his point streak to a career-high four games when he threaded a pass to Hubbs off the rush at 6:21 of the opening period for the one-goal lead heading into intermission.

The Seawolves would then go up by two with Anholt's game-winning tally at the nine-minute mark of the second frame. Anholt, from Prince Alberta, Saskatchewan, received a feed from sophomore Hudson Friesen in front of the net for a wrister, top-shelf.

Coming off of a 4-3 loss to Alaska Fairbanks on Friday night, the Falcons responded and ended the shutout with a power-play tally at 17:08. AJ Reed was credited with the man-advantage strike following back-to-back penalties called on Anthony Conti.

At 2:28 of the third, Van Allen - who had a team-high plus-3 and three shots on net - ended a 33-game scoreless streak when he received a centering pass from Conti and beat the Falcons' netminder Chris Truehl, stick-side, to give UAA a 3-1 advantage.

Meanwhile, Cameron returned to the ice following a one-game WCHA suspension for a major-penalty hit on a Wisconsin player last weekend, to collect the empty-net goal at 15:47 of the game, sealing the Seawolves' fate.

Producing another solid performance in goal for the Seawolves was rookie Olivier Mantha, dressing in his second collegiate game. Mantha kept UAA in the game with 23 slaves, including 11 in the first period. Truehl recorded 18 saves in the loss.

The Falcons outshot the Seawolves, 24-22 overall, while registering a commanding lead in the first and second before UAA led in the third, 11-4.

UAA heads from the most western state to the most eastern state when they visit the Black Bears in Orono, Maine, Oct. 24-25, before returning home to host the Lake Superior State Lakers, Oct. 31-Nov. 1 at the Sullivan Arena.