|2nd||6:01||ASU||1-0||PP||Brinson Pasichnuk (2)||Max Balinson/1, Joey Daccord/1|
|2nd||7:33||ALH||1-1||EV||Christian Rajic (2)||Kurt Gosselin/3, Madison Dunn/1|
|2nd||14:32||ALH||2-1||PP GW||Brennan Saulnier (4)||Kurt Gosselin/4, Connor James/1|
|3rd||19:34||ALH||3-1||EV EN||Josh Kestner (4)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Alabama Huntsville (2-6-0)||1/4||9/18||0|
|Arizona State (2-6-2)||1/5||7/17||0|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (W, 2-4-0)||60:00||1||2||5||11||18|
|Arizona State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joey Daccord (L, 2-5-2)||59:03||2||14||11||5||30|
TEMPE, Ariz. | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team capped off the nonconference series at Arizona State with a 3-1 victory on Saturday night at Oceanside Ice Arena. UAH improves to 2-6-0, while ASU dips to 2-6-2.
- After Arizona State took the first lead early in the second period, UAH proceeded to score two unanswered goals by Christian Rajic at 7:33 and Brennan Saulnier at 14:32 to propel the Chargers to the 3-1 win over the Sun Devils.
- The Chargers generated a bevy of chances in the first period with a total of 14 shots on goal compared to just two shots on net by the Sun Devils.
- Aided by two scoreless power plays apiece by both sides, UAH and ASU went into first intermission scoreless.
- Arizona State ended the scoreless tie at 6:01 of the second period on a power-play goal by Brinson Pasichnuk.
- UAH responded quickly at 7:33 on a swift series of passes that led to a goal by Rajic who slapped a shot past ASU goalie Joey Daccord. Both Cam Knight and Kurt Gosselin registered assists on the tally.
- Saulnier provided the go-ahead goal at 14:32 off a one-timer to put UAH up 2-1, thanks to assists by Gosselin and Connor James.
- The Chargers and Sun Devils would play scoreless for the majority of the third period until Josh Kestner sent in an empty-net goal to bring the game to its 3-1 final.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH totaled 33 shots on goal in the win, including a game-high 14 shots on net in the opening period.
- Saulnier finished with a team-high six shots on goal, followed by Madison Dunn with four shots on goal.
- Dunn had a team-best +2 rating on the ice.
- Gosselin had a team-high two points as well.
- UAH was 1-for-4 on the power play, while limiting Arizona State to one goal in five power-play chances.
- Jordan Uhelski improved to 2-4-0 in goal after totaling 18 saves and one goal allowed.
- Gosselin has posted two assists in a game twice in his career.
- Saulnier owns goals in back-to-back games and is now tied for the team lead in goals scored with four in 2017.
- UAH has totaled 30 or more shots on goal in two games this season.
Next Time Out
- UAH returns to Huntsville next weekend to open the home slate at the VBC with a visit from Alaska Anchorage next Friday and Saturday. Puck drops at 7:07 p.m. for both nights of the home-opening series.