|2nd||3:21||ALH||1-0||PP||Max McHugh (2)||Austin Beaulieu/6|
|2nd||10:13||BGS||1-1||PP||Mitchell McLain (15)||Stephen Baylis/14, Brandon Kruse/24|
|2nd||18:33||BGS||2-1||PP||Alec Rauhauser (8)||Stephen Baylis/15|
|3rd||7:34||ALH||2-2||PP||Josh Kestner (21)||Brennan Saulnier/7, Tyler Poulsen/15|
|3rd||18:42||ALH||3-2||EV GW||Austin Beaulieu (3)||Cody Champagne/2, Madison Dunn/9|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Bowling Green (19-10-6)||2/5||4/19||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (11-20-2)||2/4||5/13||0|
|Bowling Green Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Ryan Bednard (L, 11-6-4)||58:56||3||9||3||8||20|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (W, 11-15-2)||60:00||2||5||11||14||30|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team has clinched a spot in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association playoffs with a come-from-behind 3-2 win over visiting No. 15 Bowling Green on Friday night at the Von Braun Center in the first game of a two-game series. UAH improves to 11-20-2 (10-15-2 WCHA), while BGSU dips to 19-10-6 (16-6-5 WCHA).
- With the score knotted at 2-2 with two minutes to go in the third period, Austin Beaulieu redirected a shot from the point at 18:42 of the third for his third goal of the season which put UAH ahead 3-2 on the way to the series-opening victory.
- Following a scoreless first period, UAH pulled ahead early into the second stanza as senior captain Max McHugh sent in his second goal of the season on a power play at the 3:21 mark. Beaulieu notched an assist on the tally.
- Bowling Green overtook the Chargers lead at 2-1 in the second period on markers by Mitch McLain at 10:13 and Alex Rauhauser at 18:33.
- UAH evened the score at 2-2 when Josh Kestner provided a one-timer goal - his 21st of the season - on a power play at 7:34, thanks to helpers by Brennan Saulnier and Tyler Poulsen.
- The Chargers went on to win the game 3-2 thanks to Beaulieu's game-winner at 18:42 with assists from Christian Rajic and Cody Champagne.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH goalie Jordan Uhelski keyed the Chargers victory with 30 saves, including a game-high 14 in the third period. Uhelski's record improves to 11-15-2 with the win.
- The Chargers had 24 shots on goal in the win, paced by Kurt Gosselin with a team-high six shots on goal followed by Kestner with four.
- Seven Chargers contributed at least one point on offense, led by Beaulieu's two points on one goal and an assist.
- UAH went 2-for-4 on power-play chances, while BGSU had two goals in five power plays.
- UAH last clinched the WCHA playoffs in the 2014-15 campaign.
- Beaulieu has now scored the game-winning goal twice this season.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Bowling Green wrap up the regular season at 3:07 p.m. on Saturday at the Von Braun Center. UAH will honor its senior class prior to the start of the contest.