|1st||6:36||ALH||1-0||EV||Josh Kestner (17)||Christian Rajic/5|
|2nd||3:32||ALH||2-0||EV GW||Madison Dunn (4)||Christian Rajic/6|
|2nd||17:25||ALH||3-0||PP||Hans Gorowsky (4)||Max McHugh/1, Kurt Gosselin/7|
|3rd||3:10||ALH||4-0||EV||Tyler Poulsen (6)||Madison Dunn/7|
|3rd||4:06||BMJ||1-4||EV||Aaron Miller (2)||Leo Fitzgerald/1, Dan Billett/6|
|3rd||18:28||ALH||5-1||SH EN||Madison Dunn (5)||Levi Wunder/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Bemidji State (13-8-6)||0/3||2/4||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (9-16-2)||1/2||3/9||1|
|Bemidji State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Michael Bitzer (L, 13-7-6)||59:45||4||5||7||7||19|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (W, 9-11-2)||60:00||1||14||10||6||30|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team trounced rival Bemidji State by a final score of 5-1 on Friday night in the squad's return to the Von Braun Center after 12 straight games on the road. UAH improves to 9-16-2 (8-11-2 WCHA), while BSU dips to 13-8-6 (10-5-4 WCHA).
- After UAH took a 1-0 lead into first intermission, the Chargers piled on two goals in the second period by Madison Dunn at 3:32 and Hans Gorowsky at 17:25 on the way to the 5-1 drubbing of the Beavers.
- Huntsville native and Hobey Baker Award nominee Josh Kestner started the UAH scoring on Friday night with his 17th tally of the season at 6:36 of the opening period.
- Following intermission, Dunn notched his first of two goals on the night at 3:32 of the second to make it 2-0 Chargers before a power-play marker by Hans Gorowsky at 17:25 made it a 3-0 advantage for the hosts.
- In the third period, Tyler Poulsen pushed the lead to 4-0 at 3:10 with his sixth goal of the season.
- Bemidji State ended the Chargers shutout bid on a goal by Aaron Miller at 4:06 of the third period prior to UAH regaining the four-goal advantage as Dunn sent in a long empty-netter to bring the game to its 5-1 final.
Inside the Box Score
- Jordan Uhelski was stellar in goal against the Beavers, turning in 30 saves on the night with the one goal allowed. His record improves to 9-11-2 with the win.
- Dunn paced the UAH offense with three points on two goals and one assist, with eight other Chargers totaling one point apiece.
- Chipping in assists in addition to Dunn during the win included John Teets, Christian Rajic, Max McHugh, and Kurt Gosselin.
- UAH went 1-for-2 on the power play while holding BSU to zero goals in three man-advantages including a five-minute major to close out the contest.
- The Chargers generated 24 shots on goal, paced by Gorowsky, Kestner and Brennan Saulnier with four apiece.
- UAH finished the game 35-for-63 in the face-off circle.
- UAH has scored five goals in a game at home four times this season across seven total home contests thus far.
- Dunn registered three points in a game for the first time in his career.
- Uhelski has allowed one goal in a game four times this season.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Bemidji State wrap up the two-game set on Saturday at 7:07 p.m. at the Von Braun Center.