|1st||6:31||ALH||1-0||EV||Adam Wilcox (1)||Connor Wood/3|
|1st||9:13||ALH||2-0||EV||Josh Kestner (7)||Brandon Parker/2, John Teets/4|
|1st||13:55||FSU||1-2||EV||Liam MacDougall (1)||Zach Yoder/1, Tyler Dorantes/2|
|2nd||10:49||FSU||2-2||EV||Jasen Fernsler (1)||Zach Yoder/2, Tyler Dorantes/3|
|2nd||17:25||FSU||3-2||EV GW||Corey Mackin (3)||Tyler Dorantes/4, Mitch Maloney/3|
|3rd||0:36||FSU||4-2||EV||Mitch Maloney (9)||Jasen Fernsler/4|
|3rd||7:15||FSU||5-2||EV||Mitch Maloney (10)||Jason Tackett/1, Jasen Fernsler/5|
|3rd||12:34||FSU||6-2||EV||Mitch Maloney (11)||Jasen Fernsler/6|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Ferris State (6-8-1)||0/5||6/12||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (4-8-1)||0/6||5/10||0|
|Ferris State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Darren Smith (W, 3-3-1)||60:00||2||10||10||11||31|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Mark Sinclair (L, 0-3-0)||59:46||6||12||10||7||29|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to Ferris State by a final score of 6-2 on Friday night at the Von Braun Center in the series opener of the WCHA series. UAH slips to 4-8-1 (3-3-1 WCHA), while FSU improves to 6-8-1 (3-3-1 WCHA).
- Ferris State scored all six of its goals after being down 2-1 after the first period, as the Bulldogs would tally the game-winner on a goal by Corey Mackin at 17:25 of the second period to lead 3-2 on the way to the 6-2 win.
- The Chargers were first on the scoreboard on Friday night as Adam Wilcox scored his first of the season off a Connor Wood shot from the blue line at 6:31 of the opening frame. Wood notched his third assist of the season on the play.
- UAH quickly followed up with another goal at 9:13 of the first period by Huntsville native Josh Kestner, thanks to a helper from fellow senior Brandon Parker on the tally.
- Ferris State cut the Chargers lead at 13:55 of the first by Liam MacDougall to make it a 2-1 UAH advantage heading into intermission.
- After 10 minutes of scoreless play in the second period, Ferris State added to its lead at 10:49 on a goal by Jasen Fernsley before Mackin made it a 3-2 Bulldog advantage at 17:25.
- Mitch Maloney highlighted the third period by recording a hat trick in the 20 minute-stanza with tallies a :36, 7:15 and 12:34 to bring the game to its 6-2 final.
Inside the Box Score
- The Chargers had 33 shots on goal in the loss, paced by John Teets, Hans Gorowsky, and Josh Kestner with four shots on target apiece.
- UAH boasted has 12 total blocks by eight different players, led by Cody Champagne who got in the way of four Bulldogs shots.
- The Chargers held Ferris State to zero goals in five power play chances.
- Mark Sinclair's record in goal dipped to 0-3-0 on the season, following six goals allowed and 29 saves.
- UAH had three players finish with +1 ratings on the ice, including Levi Wunder, Connor Wood and Adam Wilcox.
- Kestner now has 10 points and seven goals this season, which ranks tied for first on the team in both categories.
- Champagne's four blocks puts him at 25 on the year to lead the Blue & White.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Ferris State wrap up the two-game set at 7:07 p.m. on Saturday at the VBC.