|1st||1:13||FSU||1-0||EV||Corey Mackin (4)||Nate Kallen/5, Ryker Killins/6|
|2nd||1:21||ALH||1-1||PP||Josh Kestner (8)||Brandon Parker/3, Tyler Poulsen/8|
|2nd||3:34||ALH||2-1||SH||Brandon Salerno (1)||Brennan Saulnier/4|
|2nd||17:02||FSU||2-2||PP||Zac Tierney (1)||Zach Yoder/3, Joe Rutkowski/4|
|2nd||19:19||FSU||3-2||EV||Mitch Maloney (12)||Nate Kallen/6, Zac Tierney/1|
|3rd||10:06||ALH||3-3||EV||John Teets (2)||Madison Dunn/3, Hans Gorowsky/4|
|3rd||12:54||ALH||4-3||EV GW||Brandon Salerno (2)||Tyler Poulsen/9|
|3rd||18:05||ALH||5-3||EV||Hans Gorowsky (2)||Josh Kestner/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Ferris State (6-9-1)||1/6||6/15||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (5-8-1)||1/5||8/16||1|
|Ferris State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Darren Smith (L, 3-4-1)||58:23||5||8||8||5||21|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (W, 5-5-1)||60:00||3||12||12||8||32|
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team capped off the weekend series against Ferris State with a come-from-behind 5-3 win on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center. UAH improves to 5-8-1 (4-3-1 WCHA), while FSU dips to 6-9-1 (3-4-1 WCHA).
UAH dominated the third period to the tune of three goals - highlighted by the game-winner by Brandon Salerno at 12:54 - on the way to the 5-3 win in the series finale against Ferris State.
- Ferris State struck early to take a 1-0 lead in the first period at 1:13 on a goal by Corey Mackin.
- After first intermission, the Chargers knotted the score at 1-1 as Josh Kestner slapped a shot past FSU netminder Darren Smith for a power-play goal at 1:21 of the second.
- UAH went on to take a 2-1 lead after Brennan Saulnier found Brandon Salerno open in front of the crease who beat Smith at 3:34 of the second.
- However, Ferris State would regain the lead at 3-2 with two tallies later in the second period by Zac Tierney at 17:02 on the power play and by Mitch Maloney at 19:19.
- Following 10 scoreless minutes of play in the third period, the UAH offense took charge with three goals over the final 10 minutes of play beginning with the game-tying tally by John Teets at 10:06 of the third.
- The Chargers retook the lead on Salerno's tally at 12:54 - which was set up by Tyler Poulsen who forced a turnover in the neutral zone - before Hans Gorowsky made it a 5-3 final with a goal at 18:05.
Inside the Box Score
- The Chargers posted 26 shots on goal in the contest, paced by linesmates Gorowsky and Kestner with five apiece.
- UAH had four players total two points in the win, including Gorowsky (1g-1a), Salerno (2g), Poulsen (2a), and Kestner (1g-1a).
- The Blue & White blocked a total of 17 shots, led by Teets with three.
- UAH went 1-for-3 on the power play while holding FSU to one goal in six power-play chances.
- Jordan Uhelski improved to 5-5-1 in goal this season, after allowing three goals and totaling 32 saves.
- UAH scored five goals in a game in three of the six contests during the homestand.
- Both Kestner (8g-4a) and Poulsen (3g-9a) remain tied atop the roster with 12 points, with Kestner leading the team in goals and Poulsen pacing the roster with nine assists.
Next Time Out
- UAH hits the road to Michigan's Upper Peninsula next Friday and Saturday for a WCHA series at Northern Michigan.