|1st||19:59.5||NDM||1-0||PP GW||Andrew Oglevie (1)||Bobby Nardella/1, Jake Evans/2|
|2nd||5:19||NDM||2-0||EV||Jordan Gross (1)||Colin Theisen/1, Bo Brauer/1|
|2nd||19:59.5||NDM||3-0||EV||Andrew Oglevie (2)||Jake Evans/3|
|3rd||9:49||NDM||4-0||EV||Matt Steeves (1)||Joe Wegwerth/1, Matt Hellickson/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Alabama Huntsville (0-2-0)||0/5||5/10||0|
|Notre Dame (2-0-0)||1/4||6/12||0|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Mark Sinclair (L, 0-1-0)||60:00||4||10||6||11||27|
|Notre Dame Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Dylan St. Cyr (W, 1-0-0)||60:00||0||15||9||10||34|
NOTRE DAME, Ind. - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team dropped the series finale at No. 8 Notre Dame by a final score of 4-0 on Saturday night at the Compton Family Ice Arena. UAH dips to 0-2-0, while UND rises to 2-0-0.
- Following 19 minutes of scoreless play in the opening frame, Notre Dame converted a power-play tally by Andrew Ogilvie with just one second remaining to pull ahead 1-0 on the way to the 4-0 victory over UAH on Saturday.
- Despite three power-play chances in the first period for UAH, Notre Dame took the first lead late with one second remaining as Ogilvie chipped in the Fighting Irish's first goal at 19:59.
- After first intermission, the Fighting Irish extended its lead to 2-0 on an even-strength goal by Jordan Gross at 5:19.
- Another late tally with one second remaining in the second period would give the Fighting Irish a 3-0 lead as Ogilvie again scored at 19:59 to give the hosts a 3-0 lead entering the third period.
- Notre Dame extended the lead midway through the third period as Matt Steeves sent in a rebound at 9:49 to give the Fighting Irish a 4-0 lead which would stand as the night's final score.
Inside the Box Score
- Mark Sinclair made his first collegiate start in goal, taking the loss to dip his season record to 0-1-0 despite totaling 27 saves.
- The Chargers outshot the Fighting Irish 34-31 in the contest.
- Hans Gorowsky led the squad with seven shots on goal, followed by Austin Beaulieu with four shots on target.
- Six Chargers finished with an even rating on the ice.
- UAH held Notre Dame to one goal in four power-play chances.
- The Chargers had five penalties for 10 minutes compared to the Fightin Irish six penalties for 12 minutes.
- UND goalie Dylan St. Cyr recorded the shutout in his first collegiate start after spending last season with the USNDT.
- Sinclair's 27 saves are the most by a freshman goalie in their first collegiate start since Matt Larose totaled 35 stops against Northeastern on Oct. 11, 2013.
Next Time Out
- Following a week away from competition, UAH will jump into WCHA play with a trip to Michigan Tech on Oct. 20-21.