|1st||2:05||ALH||1-0||EV||Tyler Poulsen (8)||Max McHugh/2|
|1st||13:17||NMU||1-1||EV||Philip Beaulieu (9)||Jordan Klimek/12, Troy Loggins/18|
|2nd||11:31||ALH||2-1||PP||Josh Kestner (19)||Brandon Parker/6, Tyler Poulsen/14|
|3rd||10:13||ALH||3-1||EV GW||Tyler Poulsen (9)||Kurt Gosselin/10|
|3rd||14:33||NMU||2-3||PP||Robbie Payne (18)||Darien Craighead/13, Adam Rockwood/27|
|3rd||19:57||ALH||4-2||PP EN||Josh Kestner (20)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Northern Michigan (18-11-3)||1/6||7/14||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (10-18-2)||2/5||8/16||0|
|Northern Michigan Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Atte Tolvanen (L, 16-6-1)||58:57||3||6||2||3||11|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (W, 10-13-2)||60:00||2||5||15||14||34|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team upended No. 19 Northern Michigan by a final score of 4-2 on Saturday afternoon at the Von Braun Center to garner the WCHA series split. UAH improves to 10-18-2 (9-13-2 WCHA), while NMU slips to 18-11-3 (16-6-2 WCHA).
- Tyler Poulsen's second goal of the game and third tally of the series at 10:13 of the third period proved to be the difference maker as it put UAH ahead 3-1 on the way to the 4-2 win over NMU.
- UAH jumped on the board early at 2:05 of the first period when Poulsen scored on a two-on-one opportunity for his eighth tally of the season, thanks to an assist by senior captain Max McHugh.
- Northern Michigan evened the contest at 1-1 on a goal by Phillip Beaulieu at the 13:17 mark of the first.
- The Chargers regained the lead at 2-1 in the second period at 11:31 as Huntsville native Josh Kestner ripped a one-timer past NMU goalie Atte Tolvanen. Both Brandon Parker and Poulsen assisted on the go-ahead goal.
- Poulsen's second goal of the game came on a breakaway at 10:13 of the third period after junior Kurt Gosselin flipped a pass to center ice. Gosselin now has 10 assists this season.
- After Robbie Payne drew NMU within a goal at 14:33 of the third, UAH was able to ice the contest at 19:57 of the frame on an empty-net marker by Kestner which is his 20th of the 2017-18 campaign.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Jordan Uhelski was stellar in net for the Blue & White, totaling 34 saves and helping UAH to hold NMU to one goal in six power-play chances. Uhelski's record in goal rose to 10-13-2 with the win.
- The Chargers posted 15 shots on goal in the victory, paced by Kestner with a team-high four shots on net.
- UAH posted a total of 25 blocks, led by Richard Buri, Cody Champagne and Gosselin with five apiece.
- The Chargers went 2-for-5 in power-play opportunities.
- UAH has 10 wins in a season for the first time since the 2009-10 campaign.
- Kestner is the first Charger to reach 20 goals in a season since Bruce Mulherin scored 24 goals and Jared Ross had 22 tallies in the 2004-05 season.
- Kestner now owns 40 goals in his career, putting him sixth in the program's modern Division I era.
- Uhelski has four straight games with at least 30 saves.
- Poulsen has recorded at least one point in five straight games, and his three points (2g-1a) tonight are a career-high.
Next Time Out
- UAH returns to the VBC on Friday and Saturday night for a two-game WCHA series against Minnesota State.