BOWLING GREEN, Ohio. - The Bowling Green State University hockey team fell in game one of their two game series against Bemidji State on Thursday (Jan. 3) night by a final score of three to two. The Falcons scored twice on 24 shots on goal. Bowling Green struggled to find their game early in the contest as Lukas Craggs would find the back of the net in the second period. The Falcons would add a sixth skater and cut the Bemidji State lead to one with just a minute and a half left in the game as Tim Theocharidis would tally another for BGSU, netting the final result. The Falcons will return to home ice on Friday (Jan. 3) night to close this series with Bemidji State. Puck drop will be at 7:37 pm in Slater Family Ice Arena.
- Bemidji State's Aaron Miller would open the scoring 12:01 into the first period. He was assisted by Ross Armour.
- Justin Baudry of Bemidji State would score during four-on-four action to net a second goal for the Beavers. He was assisted by Dillon Eichstadt and Aaron Miller. This at 19:16 into the first period.
- Lukas Craggs would answer for Bowling Green at 2:54 into the second period slicing between a pair of Bemidji State defenders and firing in a goal from his knees. He was assisted by Max Johnson and Alec Rauhauser.
- Nick Cardelli would tally another for Bemidji State 5:18 into the second period. He would be assisted by Jay Dickman.
- Tim Theocharidis would score with just 1:28 left in the game to keep the pressure on Bemidji State. He was assisted by Casey Linkenheld and Taylor Schneider.
Other Key Plays
- Bowling Green would pull goaltender Ryan Bednard late in the third period, adding a sixth skater. Tim Theocharidis would score on the ensuing play.
Falcon Stat Facts
- Junior goaltender Ryan Bednard made 36 saves in the contest. This is his season high so far as he has made over 30 saves in only two other games during the 2018-19 season so far. These were at Western Michigan (Oct. 9) when he made 34 saves, and at Ohio State (Oct. 26) when he made 31 saves.
- Lukas Craggs extended his goal streak to two games. The junior continues to lead BGSU in scoring with 13 goals.
- Tim Theocharidis also extended his goal streak to two games. His nine points to this point in the season lead the Falcon freshmen.
- Bowling Green will face-off with Bemidji State for game two of this series on Friday (Jan. 4) night. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:37 pm. Following the completion of this series, BGSU will travel to Houghton. Mich. for a two game series with Michigan Tech next weekend. (Jan. 11-12).