BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The No. 12 Bowling Green State University hockey team concluded their series with Lake Superior State on Saturday night (Feb. 13). Serving as Senior Night for the Falcons, the Orange and Brown began the night by recognizing the 10 seniors on the team. Once the action got underway, the teams played to a 5-2 final score in favor of Lake Superior State. Cameron Wright scored both the goals for the Falcons over the course of the night. The loss moves Bowling Green to 16-8 on the season and 5-5 in conference play. They will now turn their focus to a two-game series next weekend against Northern Michigan on Feb. 20 and 21.
Next Home Game: The Falcons will return to the Slater Family Ice Arena on Feb. 24 to the first game of a home-and-home series against Alabama Huntsville. The game is set for a 7:07 p.m. puck drop and will be available to stream on FloHockey.
- The first period saw just one goal scored with Hampus Eriksson netting the score. Miroslav Mucha and Jacob Bengtsson had the assists.
- In the second period Lake Superior State saw a goal scored by Pete Veillette with assists from Ashton Calder and Jacob Nordqvist.
- The next goal was scored by Louis Doudon with a single assist from William riedell.
- The last goal of the second period was off the stick of Calder with Veillette and Riedell tallying points on the score with assists.
- In the third period the Falcons were able to get on the board with a goal from Cameron Wright. Adam Pitters had the assist, his first point of the season.
- Lake Superior State later answered with a goal from Dustin Manz and assists from Jack Jeffers and Lukas Kaelble.
- Before the end of the game, Bowling Green saw Wright score his second goal of the contest, this time being assisted by Brandon Kruse and Max Johnson.
Falcon Stat Facts
- With two goals in the game, Cameron Wright logged his third multiple-goal game of the season and his fifth multiple-point outing. He's now up to 97 career points with the Falcons, needing just three more to become the program's 76th 100 point scorer, third this season and fourth active player to do so.
- The two goals also brought Wright's career goal total to 50, making him the Falcons' first 50 goal-scorer since Mitch McLain during the 2018 season.
- Assisting on Wright's second goal, Brandon Kruse now has 136 career points, moving him into a tie for 40th all-time with Byron Shutt. The 136 points are the most by a Falcon in the 21st century with Dan Price being the last one to total this many, doing so from 1955-99 and ending his career with 141 points.
- The assist also puts Kruse at 99 career assists, now needing just one more to become the program's 21st player all-time to log 100 career assists and the first to do so in the 21st century with the last being Kelly Perrault during the 1996-97 season.
- With an assist in both games this weekend, Max Johnson pushed his career point total to 116, giving him sole possession of 57th all-time in the record book.
- Bowling Green will be on the road for their next series, traveling to face Northern Michigan on Feb. 20 and 21. The first game is set for a 6:07 p.m. puck drop and the second for 4:07 p.m. Both will be available to stream on FloHockey.