- Regular Season In Full Swing: After a pair of exhibition games involving Minnesota last weekend, all seven WCHA schools will be in action this week.
- Polling Place: The Preseason USCHO Poll noted four WCHA teams among the nation's top 10 programs heading into the 2019-20 season. Minnesota Duluth clocked in at No. 10, Ohio State earned the No. 9 spot on the poll, Minnesota found itself ranked No. 2 and reigning National Champion Wisconsin ranks No. 1 in the nation. The Preseason USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll included three WCHA teams as Ohio State once again sits at No. 9, Minnesota at No. 2 and Wisconsin at No. 1 heading into 2019-20. Minnesota Duluth received 10 votes, but did not crack the top 10 in the poll.
- FloHockey.tv: The WCHA will once again offer a live streaming platform that features each of its member teams through its exclusive partnership with FloHockey.tv. With a monthly or annual pass, FloSports subscribers receive access to WCHA hockey from opening night through the 2020 Final Faceoff, along with original programming, studio shows and other hockey content - all available on iOS, Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV 4.
- FloHockey.tv will stream every game (live and on-demand) hosted by Bemidji State, Minnesota Duluth, Minnesota State and St. Cloud State, along with the WCHA Final Faceoff. FloHockey.tv also offers access to games hosted by Minnesota, Ohio State and Wisconsin that are available on BTN Plus.
By The Numbers
- 9: Of the top 10 BSU scorers from last season will return to the ice for the Beavers in 2019-20. All nine skaters posted double-digit points in 2018-19.
- 14: Goals scored by the Gophers in their two exhibition games this past weekend. Minnesota earned victories against the Toronto Aeros (9-2) and the Minnesota Whitecaps (5-1) last Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
- 7: Different countries represented on St. Cloud State as the Huskies tout players hailing from Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, the United States and Switzerland.
- 3: Straight seasons that Wisconsin opens its season against Lindenwood as the Badgers take on the Lions this Friday and Saturday.
- 4: Buckeyes spent two weeks of the summer training and competing for Team USA and Hockey Canada. Jincy Dunne and Tatum Skaggs suited up for the Red, White and Blue while Emma Maltais and Sophie Jaques donned the Maple Leaf.
The Week Ahead
- Nonconference Tests: All seven WCHA member institutions take to the ice the weekend of Sept. 27-28 with four teams playing nonconference series (two at home and two on the road) and three hosting exhibition contests.
- Minnesota State and Wisconsin play road nonconference series this weekend as the Mavericks face off agaist RPI and the Badgers take on Lindenwood.
- Ohio State and Minnesota both welcome nonconference teams for their weekend competitions as the Buckeyes host St. Lawrence and the Gophers are set to play Colgate on their home ice.
- Bemidji State takes on Regina at home on Friday in their first exhibition game of the season. Regina then heads to St. Cloud State on Saturday to kick of the Huskies' season with an exhibition match.
- Minnesota Duluth plays host to the Minnesota Whitecaps on Saturday, Sept. 28 as the NWHL team visits the Bulldogs for an exhibition game.