Updates Around The League
- A New No. 1 In Town: After gaining five of six league points in the series with Wisconsin two weekends ago the Minnesota Golden Gophers sit in the top spot in both the USCHO.com and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine weekly rankings for the second consecutive week.
- WCHA in the Top 10: In addition to Minnesota claiming No. 1 on both polls, three WCHA school also rank within both sets of Top 10 rankings. Wisconsin now sits at No. 2 while Ohio State moves up one spot to claim No. 7 in both polls for the second-consecutive week. Minnesota Duluth moves down one spot on the USCHO poll to sit at No. 10 while the Bulldogs remain No. 9 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll.
- West is Best: For the first time since March 23, 2015, WCHA teams have claimed the No. 1 rank in the nation in both the men's and the women's polls. While the women's league has yet to see a team outside the WCHA earn the top spot (Wisconsin sat at No. 1/1 for six weeks while Minnesota has kept the top spot for two), the Minnesota State men earn their first No. 1 ranking of the season after sweeping Michigan Tech last weekend.
By the Numbers
- 225: Saves in 2019-20 for Ohio State netminder Andrea Braendli.
- 168: Faceoff wins for Wisconsin's Abby Roque in 12 games this season. The Badger forward leads the NCAA in faceoff wins.
- 85: Total saves for St. Cloud State's Emma Polusny during last weekend's series with Minnesota Duluth. Her Friday single-game total of 50 saves was a new career high for the netminder.
- 12: Points for Minnesota Duluth's Gabbie Hughes in her first seven games. The Bulldog forward also tallied a 12-game scoring streak of 10 goals and eight assists for 18 points, dating back to Feb. 22, 2019.
- 8: Points scored by Minnesota's Emily Brown in the first 12 games for the Maroon and Gold. The Gopher blueliner paces WCHA defensemen in points.
- 7: Goals scored this season by Bemidji State's Haley Mack. The senior forward leads the Beavers in goals scored and is eighth in the WCHA.
- 6: Game unbeaten streak for Minnesota State after the Mavericks swept Merrimack and St. Cloud State and ended both contests with Ohio State in ties. The team is just one win short of tying the program unbeaten-streak record.
The Week Ahead
- League Series: Three WCHA series are slated to take place in Week 8 as MInnesota Duluth heads to Ohio State, Bemidji State travels to Minnesota, and Wisconsin welcomes Minnesota State to Madison, Wis.
- Top 10 Matchup: 10/9 Minnesota Duluth hits the road to face off against 7/7 Ohio State this weekend in Columbus. This series is one of two Top 10 matchups across the country this weekend.
- 1/1 Minnesota welcomes Bemidji State to Ridder Arena as the Beavers looks to steal league points from the top-ranked Gophers. Bemidji State has played spoiler to a Top 10 team already this year, sweeping then-No. 10/10 Minnesota Duluth at home.
- Minnesota State looks to extend its six-game unbeaten streak, but the 2/2 Wisconsin Badgers are a tough opponent for anyone as they lead the nation in scoring offense.
- Nonconference Contest: St. Cloud State takes to the road for a weekend series against Lindenwood. The Huskies look to add a few wins to their tally.