Updates Around The League
- WCHA in the Top 10: Four WCHA teams landed in the top six of both the USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls this week. Wisconsin remains top-ranked on both lists while Minnesota moves up to take the second spot in both polls. Ohio State slots in at No. 4 on the USCHO poll while the Buckeyes move up to No. 3 in the USAT/USAH Poll, making it so that the Top 3 ranked teams in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll all hail from the WCHA. Minnesota Duluth is the league's final team in the Top 10, clocking in at No. 6 on both lists.
- Leading the Nation: WCHA skaters made a big mark on the NCAA leaderboards this past weekend. The league is currently home to the players with the most or tied for the most goals per game (Clair DeGeorge - Bemidji State), assists per game (Nicole LaMantia, Wisconsin), points per game by a defenseman (LaMantia), points (Anna Klein, Minnesota Duluth), game-winning goals (Klein; Grace Zumwinkle, Minnesota) and shutouts (Emma Söderberg, Minnesota Duluth). A WCHA team also sits at the helm of the best penalty kill (Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Bemidji State) in the NCAA
By the Numbers
- 166: Saves for Minnesota's Lauren Bench this season on 172 shots. The redshirt senior leads the league in stops and in save percentage with her impressive .965 mark.
- 58: Career goals for Ohio State's Tatum Skaggs. The next time the Buckeye forward lights the lamp she will move into fourth on the all-time career goals list at Ohio State.
- 20: Career goals for Minnesota State's Brittyn Fleming. The senior forward netted the Mavericks lone goal in Friday's 2-1 loss to Minnesota.
- 8: Career game-winning goals for Bemidji State's Clair DeGeorge. The senior forward potted the game-winning goal in overtime on Friday to boost Bemdiji State over St. Cloud State for the Beavers first win in 2020-21.
- 7: Minnesota Duluth skaters rank in the top 10 point scorers in the WCHA. A Bulldog owns the top three spots (Anna Klein, Naomi Rogge, Ashton Bell) with Klein's 11 points also leading the NCAA.
- 4: Straight weeks as the top-ranked team in the country for the Wisconsin Badgers.
- 3: Game goal streak for St. Cloud State's Jenniina Nylund. The Huskies junior leads SCSU with five points on three goals and two assists.
The Week Ahead
- Bemidji State at Minnesota State: The Beavers come off a series split with St. Cloud State to take on the Mavericks in Mankato. Minnesota State has gone 16-23-4 against the Beavers when on their home ice.