Updates Around The League
- WCHA in the Top 10: Four WCHA teams landed in the top eight of both the USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls this week, with three of the four teams receiving the same ranking on both lists. Preseason league favorite Wisconsin is No. 1. Minnesota checks in at No. 3 with defending WCHA Final Faceoff champion Ohio State at No. 4. Minnesota Duluth earned the No. 6 spot on the USCHO Poll and the No. 7 listing on the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
- Leading the Nation: WCHA skaters made a big mark on the NCAA leaderboards this past weekend. The league is currently home to the players with the most points per game (Nicole Lamantia - WIsconsin), assists per game (Lamantia), and points per game by a defenseman (Lamantia).
- A WCHA team also sits at the helm of both the best scoring offense (Minnesota Duluth) and the best penalty kill (Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin) in the NCAA.
By the Numbers
- 106: Contests in the all-time series between Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Gophers have the edge in the Border Battle record, 53-41-12.
- 75: Saves made by St. Cloud State Sanni Ahola in her first series with the Huskies. The freshmen netminder recorded a .949 save percentage on the weekend.
- 22: Points on seven goals and 15 assists for Bemidji State senior forward Clair DeGeorge last season, the top point total among Beaver returnees in 2020-21.
- 3.75: Goals per game average for Minnesota Duluth, a mark that leads the nation with Boston College's 3.50 figure following in second.
- 9: Wins over top-ranked opponents by Ohio State from the beginning of the 2019-20 season all the way until their upset of No. 1/1 Wisconsin, 3-2, last weekend.
- 8: Points in the series against St. Cloud State for Minnesota State's top line of forwards, Claire Butorac, Sydney Langseth and Jamie Nelson.
The Week Ahead
- (1/1) Wisconsin at (3/3) Minnesota: The Border Battle resumes as top-ranked Wisconsin heads to Minneapolis to take on perennial foe and No. 3-ranked Minnesota this weekend. Last season, the Badgers came out ahead 2-1-1 over the Gophers in their four matchups.
- St. Cloud State at (6/7) Minnesota Duluth: Minnesota Duluth hosts St. Cloud State after getting swept by Minnesota the previous weekend. The Bulldogs nation-leading scoring offense will meet a Huskies team that split with Minnesota State last weekend.