Updates Around The League
- WCHA in the Top 10: Four WCHA teams landed in the top six of both the USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls this week. Wisconsin remains top-ranked on both lists while Minnesota moves up to take the second spot in both polls. Ohio State slots in at No. 4 on the USCHO poll while the Buckeyes move up to No. 3 in the USAT/USAH Poll, making it so that the Top 3 ranked teams in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll all hail from the WCHA. Minnesota Duluth is the league's final team in the Top 10, clocking in at No. 6 on both lists.
- Leading the Nation: WCHA skaters made a big mark on the NCAA leaderboards this past weekend. The league is currently home to the players with the most or tied for the most points (Anna Klein, Minnesota Duluth), goals (Klein), goals per game (Klein), blocks (Mak Langei, Bemidji State) and shutouts (Emma Söderberg, Minnesota Duluth; Kennedy Blair, Wisconsin). A WCHA team also sits at the helm of the best penalty kill (Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin) in the NCAA as well as tied for the most points this season (Minnesota Duluth, 64).
By the Numbers
- 143: Saves made by Bemidji State's Kerigan Dowhy during her five games between the pipes for the Beavers. The senior netminder has a .911 save percentage on 157 shots faced.
- 99: Meetings in the all-time series between Minnesota and St. Cloud State. The Gophers and Huskies battle on the ice for the 101st, 102nd and 103rd time this weekend, with Minnesota on a 14-game win streak.
- 62: Career points for Minnesota State's Brittyn Fleming, five of which have come in 2021-21 (3g-2a). The senior forwards is the Mavericks' active career scoring leader.
- 11: Goals scored by Ohio State last weekend in the series against Bemidji State. Seven Buckeyes recorded a multi-point weekend while Jenna Buglioni (3g-3a), Jennifer Gardiner (3g-2a) and Tatum Skaggs (2g-1a) tallied multiple goals in the series.
- 3: Goals for Minnesota Duluth's Anna Klein when the Bulldogs face a locked scoreboard. The senior forward is the best in the league at giving her team the go-ahead goal when the score is tied.
- .888: Winning percentage on home ice for Wisconsin. The Badgers have a winning record against every team they have faced at LaBahn Arena.
Up Next in the WCHA
- St. Cloud State vs (2/2) Minnesota: The Huskies and Gophers meet on the ice for three contests in four days this weekend after both teams added Thursday's match up to their schedules. After a day of rest in between, Saturday and Sunday will see St. Cloud State and Minnesota play a home-and-home series in which Minnesota hopes to extend its 14-game win streak and the Huskies look to add to their win tally.
- (4/3) Ohio State at (1/1) Wisconsin: The Badgers take to their home ice for the first time in 2020-21 as top-ranked Wisconsin hosts another top-five team in Ohio State. Earlier this season, the Badges and Buckeyes split their series in Columbus, with Ohio State taking the opening win, 3-2 and Wisconsin earning redemption with a 5-0 victory in game two.
- Minnesota State at Bemidji State: The Beavers host the Mavericks in the second series between these two teams in 2020-21. Both squads look to bounce back from their respective defeats against Ohio State and Wisconsin last weekend.