Updates Around The League
- WCHA in the Top 10: Four WCHA teams landed in the top seven of the latest USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls. After sweeping St. Cloud State this past weekend, Wisconsin remains in the No. 1 spot on both the USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls. After upsetting the Gophers with a series sweep this past weekend, Ohio State moves up to No. 3 in the USCHO poll and No. 2 in the USAT/USAH rankings while Minnesota drops to No. 4 on both lists. Minnesota Duluth is the league's final team in the Top 10, checking in at No. 7 on both polls.
- Leading the Nation: WCHA skaters continue to stand on the NCAA leaderboards in week thirteen. The league is currently home to the players with the most or tied for the most goals (13-Daryl Watts, Wisconsin), shorthanded goals (two-Anna Klein, Minnesota Duluth), blocks (60-Mak Langei, Bemidji State) and shots on goal (98-Emma Maltais, Ohio State). A WCHA team also sits at the top of the leaderboard for most blocked shots (301-Bemidji State).
By the Numbers
- 301: Blocked shots by Bemidji State in 2020-21. The Beavers lead the nation in shot-blocking with 60 blocks more than the second-best NCAA squad.
- 94: Meetings in the all-time series between Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota State. This weekend marks the third and fourth times the teams will meet this season.
- 45: Career wins for Ohio State's Andrea Braendli. The junior netminder is now tied as the 18th winningest goaltender in WCHA history after adding a pair of wins against Minnesota this past weekend.
- 35: Blocked shots for St. Cloud State's Klára Hymlárová. The sophomore forward leads the Huskies in shot blocking and her total ranks eighth in the nation.
- 13: Points, all tallied on assists, for Wisconsin's Grace Bowlby who paces all WCHA defensemen in scoring.
- 9: Goals scored by Minnesota's Grace Zumwinkle on the ice at Ridder Arena in 2020-21. No other skater in the country has lit the lamp as many times when competing at home.
Up Next in the WCHA
- (4/4) Minnesota at Bemidji State: The Beavers host the Gophers in a two-game series at the Sanford Center. Both teams are looking to rebound after being swept the previous weekend against Ohio State and Wisconsin, respectively.
- Minnesota State at (7/7) Minnesota Duluth: The Bulldogs are back in action this weekend after two weeks without competition. Minnesota Duluth welcomes the Mavericks after last weekend's series against Minnesota State was postponed.