The WCHA's men's and women's mobile site provides great access to league information in a mobile-friendly format (www.wcha.com/mobile
).The pages can be viewed on a regular web browser, but are optimized for mobile browsers.
The enhanced mobile website was released prior to the 2012-13 season with more visually appealing pages, a better navigation system and improved mobile box scores among other changes.
"We couldn't be more pleased to announce this all-new WCHA mobile website to our followers across the country and around the world," said Commissioner Bruce McLeod and Associate Commissioner Sara Martin at the time of release. "The WCHA has presented a significant number of improvements to WCHA.com over the past few seasons and now with this newest mobile development the men's and women's leagues will be at the forefront of providing quick access to all the latest scores, box scores, game stories, statistics and press releases with an easier-to-use, more appealing platform."
The many upgrades to this version of www.wcha.com/mobile include the following:
- More visually appealing league and member team home pages with images included to promote the top stories.
- Better navigation system including easy links to each member team's home page from a menu at top of each page.
- Individual mobile player statistics pages that are accessible from team and league stats pages, press releases and game stories.
- Improved mobile press release presentation that now includes images and the ability for people to share via social media.
- Improved mobile game story presentation with images now included and the ability for embedding potential video. Mobile game stories can also now be shared via social media.
Significant changes to mobile box scores with the addition of all game data, including all player and team stats. Previous box scores were all text-based. The new version uses an "accordion" format for accessing different game stats categories. These mobile box scores will also be the basis for the live box scores for the coming 2012-13 season and beyond.
WCHA.com, the official website of the 61-year-old Western Collegiate Hockey Association, includes WCHA.com/mobile. They are joint ventures of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and SportDesigns.com, featuring a statistical partnership with CollegeHockeyStats.net. The new WCHA mobile website features the league's top stories, schedules and results, statistics, standings and access to live game statistics.
The WCHA mobile website can be accessed on your web-enabled phone by visiting the following url:
This will direct a user to the mobile home page of the WCHA men's league. To access the WCHA women's league mobile home page, simply scroll to the bottom of the page for a link to the women's mobile home page.